They are the children and adults of McGuire Memorial — individuals who are severely physically and developmentally challenged.
At McGuire Memorial, every individual served is loved, supported, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. For no matter the severity or extent of one's disability, McGuire Memorial strives to let each and every person in their care live life to the fullest.
At the very heart of McGuire's mission is the belief in the sacredness of life from conception to death. McGuire Memorial believes that every person is a unique gift of God, is created for a sacred purpose, and is able to attain a fullness of life.
Inspired and guided by these principles, McGuire Memorial treats each and every individual with dignity and respect. Helping them achieve their hopes, dreams, and desires. Helping them experience a fullness of life.
Who We AreA ministry of the Felician Sisters of North America, McGuire Memorial is a not-for-profit, non-denominational facility that has, since 1963, served those who are physically and developmentally challenged. Located in Western Pennsylvania, McGuire Memorial has created a unique program that includes the care of those with profound disabilities. Known for its care and commitment to those they serve, McGuire Memorial is synonymous with the highest quality of care of individuals with mental retardation and/or physical disabilities.
The professional, interdisciplinary staff of McGuire Memorial is uniquely expert in serving those with a range of disabilities — from those with severe developmental and physical disabilities, to those with mild to moderate mental retardation.
Our ProgramsResidential, educational, medical, and adult training services are available with individualized programs in settings designed for each individual at their particular level.
McGuire Memorial offers a variety of services to help those who are disabled live lives full of meaning and purpose:
- Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/ID) - part of McGuire's residential program, serving those with the most complex, profound disabilities
- The School at McGuire Memorial - offering a licensed 180-day private school for children with multiple and/or profound disabilities, a pre-school, and an autistic program. An extended 10-day school program is available during the summer.
- Adult Day Programs - meeting the needs and abilities of adults with disabilities
- The Respite Program - offers professional, specialized care of individuals with significant physical and developmental disabilities for temporary, short-term, or extended respite stays.
- The Community Home Program - situated throughout the Western Pennsylvania communities, offers private residential living within a safe and supportive living environment for individuals with mild to severe disabilities.