Your gifts make a dramatic and tangible difference in the lives of the children and adults served by McGuire Memorial.
These are individuals whose families were once told by others that there was no hope. These same children and adults – severely and profoundly disabled, often with complex, multiple disabilities – receive a level of care and compassion that enables them to love honestly, strive valiantly, and achieve magnificently every day at McGuire.
A visit to McGuire Memorial readily tells the stories of:
- Adults who are able to communicate for the first time in decades via communications devices;
- Children and adults painting and sewing for the first time in their lives, thanks to the help of specialized technology;
- Children, accustomed to lying prone because of their disabilities, who can sit upright in their customized wheelchairs and take part in the world around them;
- Children and adults alike feeling the warm, therapeutic effects of McGuire's pool;
- Individuals touching a tree for the first time on the Saint Francis Nature Trail.
Your help has enabled McGuire Memorial to provide a renowned level of care and commitment to those with profound disabilities since its founding in 1963. Truly, much has been accomplished.
But there is still much to be done.
We need your help in continuing to provide the highest quality of care and support that is synonymous with McGuire Memorial. And we need your help as we expand our outreach services in order to meet an ever-increasing need. Your gift can help enhance and also change the lives of those entrusted to our care.
Ways to Make A Gift